I’ve seen this idea floating around blogland, most recently on Making it Lovely, and did my best to ignore it. After all, I have eleven months of blissful ignoring left to me; why ruin it? Forget that; why not celebrate the start of a new decade?
As I’ve said before, I’m compulsively optimistic.
In the name of accountability, I’ll make my list public, and update you all on my progress as I go. Eleven months; thirty goals. I’ll aim to accomplish three a month.
Bethany’s 30 Before 30:
1. Go to an amusement park without the kids and ride all the big roller-coasters completed August 8, 2010
2. Assemble a family tree picture wall
3. Run in a real 5k
4. Sew a slipcover for the couch completed July 22, 2010
5. Knit Bry a sweater completed Oct. 30, 2010
6. Design and publish at least two new knitting/crocheting patterns
7. Lose 10lbs
8. Stop biting my fingernails
9. Write another NANOWRIMO novel Completed November 29, 2010! 54, 755 words. Woot-woot!
10. Assemble a list of questions for my Grandma and Nana; document the answers
11. Get a book I own signed by the author
12. Get a tattoo
13. Find a new band/musical artist that I *love*
14. Find and watch at least the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
15. Start writing poetry again
16. Make my own pasta
17. Knit or crochet a pair of metal earrings
18. Submit three articles for publication
19. Track down and visit at least two friends with whom I have lost touch over the years
20. Visit a province other than Ontario
21. Learn how to use the DSLR on more than just the “auto” setting
22. Get a purple streak in my hair
23. Attend a session of Between the Sheets (writing critique circle)
24. Learn how to remember people’s names when I meet them
25. Go downhill skiing
26. Write a children’s book
27. Send five just-to-make-you-smile cards to people who aren’t expecting them
28. Earn my A.C.E. Certificate
29. Sew myself an apron
30. Take bellydancing lessons
Those are my goals – what are yours?